A Summer to Remember

     60 papers, 20 some books, and hundreds of hours of lost sleep later, my sophomore year of college is complete. It was for sure one of the most stressful, exhilarating, and beneficial years of my life. Not only was I thrown into the world of literature full force, but I was also thrown into a world full of big-girl decisions and tough goodbyes. This year has been an eye opener for me to help me realize who the people are who really matter, who will be there for you through thick and thin, and how crucial independence is in a world that has us dependent on so many things.
     With my Sophomore year of college coming to a close, it is unreal to think that I'm halfway done with college, but even harder to believe that I will be embarking on the adventure of a lifetime this summer. For those of you who know me pretty well, it is no surprise to hear that I will be crazy busy this summer too, I mean who would want to be bored and relaxed all summer?! This summer is sure going to be one to remember, and I'm sure most of you have heard a little bit about my plan, but I wanted to start this blog so I can share my experience with others and keep everyone updated!
     This Sunday, the 17th, I leave for New Mexico for training for my summer camp counselor position. I will be working at a Church Camp this summer in Glorieta, New Mexico for almost 3 months. Through this position, I will have a chance to meet people from all around the country that have the same values and dedication to God that I do. It will be a summer of new opportunities, new friendships, and eye-opening experiences. New campers, ranging from 1st to 10th graders, will arrive at the beginning of every week and they will spend the week with us full of unforgettable memories and life-changing insights by exploring God's Word. We will be spending most of our time outside in the foothills of the mountains in New Mexico. There are numerous activities to keep all of us busy, and bring out my adventurous side, including rock climbing, rappelling, zip lining, volleyball and so much more! There's also a coffee shop, so I will definitely be set! :)
     In the midst of the training for the camp, I will be driving back to the my home state in order to fly out for another adventure, this time London is the destination. This trip was planned before the opportunity in New Mexico came about, so I couldn't back out. This trip will be 10 days and count towards a college English credit for my degree. We will be traveling around London and finding beauty of the city and all of the wonderful attractions there are to see. So far on our itinerary we have the Harry Potter Studios, a double decker bus tour around the city, at least one show in the Globe theater if not more, hopefully a showing of Wicked, and I'm sure many more adventures will find us when we are there! This will be my first time out of the country so it will definitely be interesting.
     After this adventure is over I will fly back to Kansas and drive my world traveling behind back to Glorieta, New Mexico for the rest of the summer. I can't express how excited I am for this summer and for the life changing opportunities that will come out of all of this adventure. I won't be around technology very much this summer due to my travels and how busy I will be in both New Mexico and London. Because of this I don't want to promise anything about how often I will post on my blog or any other social media outlet, but I will do it as much as I can to keep everyone updated. There will be plenty of pictures and stories to share and I can't wait to share them all! Although I won't be around technology much, I can still snail mail all summer for sure!

    For regular mail like letters my address will be:
      ATTN: Crystal Chitwood
      PO Box 8
      Glorieta, NM 87535

    For packages the physical address is:
      ATTN: Crystal Chitwood
      11 State Road 50
      Glorieta, NM 87535
   
     I would love and appreciate prayers for safe travels during this adventurous summer of mine. I will hopefully be posting here or on Facebook soon to keep you all updated! See you all in a few months!

Love,
Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kicking Cancer's Ass - Round Two

Healing Sure Ain't Pretty

A Year of Healing and Waiting